Recently, I added a feature to my blog where you can submit your email address to stay up to date with HollyHoehner.com. I would be so happy if you considered adding your email address in the pink bar below. I promise I won’t spam you with a ton of emails (nobody wants that). Thanks, and enjoy today’s post!
I’m not one for graphic tees or sweatshirts, but GUYS. This J.Crew sweatshirt is amazing. If you can’t tell, it’s a picture of girls skiing and it says, “Ski babes on the go go.” I’m in love. This would be so cute if you’re heading to the slopes for Spring Break!
I’m heading somewhere warm this year for Spring Break after taking a few years off of traveling over the break, and I’m so excited!
I love preparing for a trip by buying new things because I “need” them for this trip. I already bought this bag from Lands’ End and have my eyes on a few new things … (hehe) But I also feel the need to prepare my body physically.
There’s always a tiny bit of anxiety about being in a bathing suit. Girls, you know how I feel. Before these kinds of trips, I try to eat a little better and take the stairs a little more often. Especially coming out of winter where we get to hide under sweaters.
I’m kind of a perfectionist in the way I want to present myself, so feeling like I don’t look perfect is less than ideal. I think the reason I love preppy clothing so much is because it looks impeccable, well-structured and clean. I’m not this crazy all the time, but when it counts I want to look as buttoned up as possible. This goes for the way I feel about my physical body, as well. The problem is, a perfect body doesn’t exist.
As I’ve gotten older, I’ve started figuring out this body of mine. It’s not perfect, it has its problems and shortcomings. But it’s mine until the Lord gives me my heavenly body for eternity, and I am thankful for it!
Today, I thought I’d share some things I love about myself and why. I think we spend a ton of time thinking about what we don’t like, but it’s very important to thin about what we do love! No matter your size, weight or body fat percentage, if you love your body you will rock whatever bathing suit you choose to wear this Spring Break.
Things I Love About Myself
- My eyes because they let me see the world and faces of the people I love.
- My passion for my passions because I get to be creative and share the goodness of the Lord with you.
- My legs because they are powerful and gave me many years in cheerleading.
- My skin because it is smooth and I no longer feel the need to always wear makeup.
- My dry sense of humor because I love catching people off guard.
- My arms because they allow me to hug my family and friends.
- My body fat because it means I obviously enjoyed dessert and that’s ok because life is too short.
- My level head because it allows me to make good decisions and keep my cool in stressful situations.
- My collarbones because when I see them, it means I’ve been taking care of my body by eating well and working out (girls, you get this!)
- My feet because they are always the same size, they let me walk London, Paris, New York City and Chicago, and they get to wear really cute shoes.
Ok, I did mine. Now it’s your turn to think about the things you love about yourself! You might feel a little silly, and you might find this harder than you expected. But pondering the things you love about yourself often will help you to start to love being in your skin. Over time, you will really start to grow in confidence and comfort because you have heard these beautiful things about yourself every day.
If you can’t think of anything to add to this list, bring that to the Lord in prayer. Ask Him to show you the things that He loves about you–His creation. Ask Him to give you eyes to see yourself as He does. The Lord doesn’t want us to be prideful about our appearance, but He does want us to love the body He gave us because it is a temple for His spirit. He will renew your mind. You just have to ask Him.
Like what you see? I would love if you would share this post on Facebook, follow my Instagram account and pin this post on Pinterest by using the icons below! I would love to say thanks, so tag me on all platforms using @hollyhoehner.
Holly Hoehner has her bachelor’s degree in public relations from the University of Oklahoma. She considers herself more of a Russell Westbrook than a Kevin Durant and enjoys learning about and participating in the digital age, blogging about anything that comes to her mind and creating witty Instagram captions. Holly was raised a die-hard Sooner fan in Edmond, OK.