We all have those days where simply putting on mascara is too much work. I often wish I could snap my fingers and be ready for the day, even though my morning routine is a well-oiled, 45-minute machine. Luckily, I’ve figured out a few tips that can help me look a lot more presentable and in LOT less time. So, today I’m going to share with you my five easy ways to look put together in little time.
- Paint your fingernails: I get a gel manicure every two weeks because
I’m extrait makes me feel put together. To me, there’s nothing better than having pretty fingernails. It’s that extra polish (I’ll be here all night) added to your personal grooming routine and it shows that you care about the details. Plus, people see your hands so much that they might as well be well-kept! If I don’t have gel on my nails, I’m pretty quick to re-do the polish as soon as it starts to chip. Chipped fingernails are the quickest way to look not put together.
Shop my favorite polish picks!
- Tie a ribbon in your hair: I guarantee you just thought, “no.” I get it, we’re not children and bows are for children…and cheerleaders. However, on mornings where the thought of even brushing your hair seems too involved, throw your hair into a high or low pony and tie a ribbon into a bow. I like to buy thicker ribbons in neutral colors. You can get a whole roll at Hobby Lobby on sale for like $2. You just cut your preferred length (I like longer bow ribbons) and tie it on to your pony! Then you instantly look like a classic style expert.
- Use a dab of concealer and a lot of blush: When you first wake up, you aren’t your most lively and glowing self. If I’m trying to run out the door, I like to dab a little concealer under my eyes and then go to town with the blush. Cream blush looks the most natural, so that’s what I would recommend. You will look fresh, awake and presentable. Don’t forget to blend out the blush though! It will only work if it looks natural, aka like you just spent the morning laying out by the pool. Blend, blend, blend. If you’re feeling it, go for a little mascara, too!
Shop my tried and true concealer and blush picks!
- Don’t wear wrinkly, stained or ill-fitting clothes: If you want to look put together rather easily, make sure your clothes are wrinkle-free, stain-free and the correct size. This is just basic dressing 101, but it makes a huge difference. I like to steam my clothes instead of iron because it’s way faster and I keep a Tide To-Go pen handy if I ever spill something on my clothes. If your clothes are too big, get them tailored. If they’re too small, donate them!
- Carry a structured bag: We all know I adore my tote bags. They are handy and so cute. But sometimes if you are wearing a bigger, slouchy bag, you can look a little disheveled. Wear a structured cross body or a top handle bag. They add the illusion of structure, which goes hand-in-hand with “put together.” Even if you wear boyfriend jeans and a slouchy t-shirt, a structured bag will make it look very fashion forward.
Shop these gorgeous structured bags!
Like what you see? I would love if you would share this post on Facebook, follow my Instagram account and pin this post on Pinterest by using the icons below! I would love to say thanks, so tag me on all platforms using @hollyhoehner.
Holly Hoehner has her bachelor’s degree in public relations from the University of Oklahoma. She considers herself more of a Russell Westbrook than a Kevin Durant and enjoys learning about and participating in the digital age, blogging about anything that comes to her mind and creating witty Instagram captions. Holly was raised a die-hard Sooner fan in Edmond, OK.