Holly, circa 2011, at a Taylor Swift concert obviously ready to rock out to some side-banging country music.
Today I want to do something fun and super embarrassing. I’m going to share some of my favorite old posts from my first blog. I started that blog when I was a little baby and blogging was NOT a thing. I didn’t tell anyone about that blog for a very, very long time. It was mainly my diary, thoughts and walk with the Lord that I just so happened to post online. Eventually, people caught on and eight years later we are here.
Feel free to peruse that blog for your own favorite old blog of mine. There are some really embarrassing, awkward, cringey things on there, but that was me. Shout out to the people who are still friends with me after going through this phase together…you know who you are. Anyways, I hope you’re ready to dive into Holly circa 2010…side bangs, boot cut Miss Me jeans, high school trials and Justin Bieber music reviews (omg that sounds way worse than I hoped…I swear I’m fine now). Going through this, I wanted to kill 16-year-old me. I also enjoyed sending my high school best friend all the worst posts and CRIED I was laughing so hard. I know, too, that some of the content I post currently will one day make me cringe. But, hey, that’s life.
- My Sincere Friendships – Ugh I love my sorority and I’m thankful I wrote this little memory! That was a great night.
- A Man of God – Ok, this is sweet. I’ll have a memory of the best teacher I ever had forever.
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody – I asked a boy to Winter Formal on my blog. Dang Sadie Hawkins! (he said yes) I literally hated that we had a Sadie Hawkins dance at the time.
- Science Camp – I sent this to my high school best friend and cried I was laughing so hard. Ugh make it stop!!!
- You Make All Things Work Together For My Good – When I was running for class president for junior and senior year, but treated it like I was running for office of the ACTUAL President of the United States. I did win twice, but who’s counting.
- Somebody Was Desperate For Lyrics – HAHAHA. See? I told you. Justin Bieber.
- The First of (hopefully) Many – Well, at least the title was accurate because the spelling was not. Biginning? Didn’t I got to private school AND have spell check? Anyways, this is the infamous braces post.
- ’09 Was Soooo Fine! – I am killing myself now.
- Your Reign Is Over, It Is Our Turn – That one time I won cheer state my senior year and LAST TRY. It was glorious. This post is laugh out loud funny though. Cheer captain reporting for duty!!!
- Finals. – Well this just goes to show that my study habits didn’t improve even after this little realization. Plus, I was like 7 years old. What was there to even study for at OCS?
- I’m Loving Angels Instead – I survived sorority recruitment and lived to tell the tale.
Like what you see? I would love if you would share this post on Facebook, follow my Instagram account and pin this post on Pinterest by using the icons below! I would love to say thanks, so tag me on all platforms using @hollyhoehner.
Holly Hoehner has her bachelor’s degree in public relations from the University of Oklahoma. She considers herself more of a Russell Westbrook than a Kevin Durant and enjoys learning about and participating in the digital age, blogging about anything that comes to her mind and creating witty Instagram captions. Holly was raised a die-hard Sooner fan in Edmond, OK.