To share this image on Pinterest, hover over and click the Pin icon!
Unless you’ve been living under a rock (or if you’re a boy), you know that Nordstrom is having their huge anniversary sale right now. For my mom’s birthday last weekend we went to Dallas and shopped the sale in person. I was really focusing on work clothes since I got a job (!!!). Now that I’m #adulting I have a Nordstrom card, which means next year I’ll get early access. However this year, my opinion of the sale was ehhh. There were a few good things, but I didn’t love really anything that all the bloggers were hyping up. My favorite round up was definitely from Summer Wind. Today I wanted to do a little haul of the things that I bought from Nordstrom last weekend. Not all of them are sale items, but all of them are definitely good finds!
Shop my finds!
(Black dress sold out//linked similar dresses)
1. Plaid Peplum Top: As soon as I saw this top, I knew I would love it on. I’ve got a few tops with the same cut, so it was a no brainer! The fit is flattering, modest and feminine. The navy, merlot and white are a fall color scheme, but it still works in an office in the summer. There is a black bow on the back, which will help tie (lol) it all together when I wear it with black dress pants and pumps. I went ahead and ordered the second version of this blouse because I know I’ll get a ton of use out of it. Obsessed!
2. LBD: Sydney from Summer Wind had this dress in her haul before I went to Dallas. I loved it immediately, but didn’t get my hopes up that I would find it in the store. Lucky for me, I did! It’s flouncy, comfortable and is a staple piece that is kind of like a blank canvas. I can accessorize it so many different ways! I can’t wait to wear this.
3. Black Tie Front Top: Tie fronts are a trend right now, but I think this one is still classic enough to wear when the trend is gone. It will look cute with skirts or black pants for a monochrome work look. The material is a more structured cotton, so even though it’s trendy, it still looks nice.
4. White Tie Front Top: I like this tie front shirt because it looks a little more dressy, but is still comfortable and cool. The picture makes it look frumpy, but it looks so cute actually on my body. I love the crisp white top + black cigarette dress pants + pumps look. It’s simple, classic and professional while still being young. This top will definitely help me get that look!
5. Grey Cardigan: I wish you could feel this cardigan. It is a really soft and buttery jersey material. It will be nice to keep in my work tote if I get cold, but it will still look professional and go with many outfits. I think in the fall I could wear it with boyfriend jeans, a white tank and flats for a casual errand outfit.
Like what you see? I would love if you would share this post on Facebook, follow my Instagram account and pin this post on Pinterest by using the icons below! I would love to say thanks, so tag me on all platforms using @hollyhoehner.
Holly Hoehner has her bachelor’s degree in public relations from the University of Oklahoma. She considers herself more of a Russell Westbrook than a Kevin Durant and enjoys learning about and participating in the digital age, blogging about anything that comes to her mind and creating witty Instagram captions. Holly was raised a die-hard Sooner fan in Edmond, OK.